Financial Assistance PolicyStonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital (SJMH) is committed to providing financial assistance to persons who have healthcare needs and are uninsured, underinsured, ineligible for a government program, or otherwise unable to pay, for medically necessary care based on their individual financial situation. Consistent with its mission to deliver compassionate, high quality, affordable healthcare services and to advocate for those who are poor and needy, SJMH strives to ensure that lacking financial capacity does not prevent our community members from seeking or receiving care. SJMH will provide, without discrimination, care for emergency medical conditions to individuals regardless of their eligibility for financial assistance or for government assistance.
What services are eligible for Financial Assistance?
- Emergency medical services provided in an emergency room setting;
- Services for a condition which, if not promptly treated, would lead to an adverse change in the health status of an individual;
- Non-elective services provided in response to life-threatening circumstances in a non-emergency room setting; and
- Medically necessary services, evaluated on a case-by-case basis at SJMH's discretion.
Who is eligible for Financial Assistance?
- Individuals who are uninsured, underinsured, ineligible for any government health care benefit program, and who are unable to pay for their care, based upon a determination of financial need in accordance with this Policy;
- Patients whose family income is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible to receive free care;
- Patients whose family income is above 150% but not more than 162% of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible to receive services at amounts no greater than the amounts generally billed to commercially insured or Medicare patients; and
- Patients whose family income exceeds 162% of the Federal Poverty Level may be eligible to receive discounted rates on a case-by-case basis based on their specific circumstances, such as catastrophic illness or medical indigence, at the discretion of SJMH; however the discounted rates shall not be greater than the amounts generally billed to commercially insured or Medicare patients.
How do I apply for Financial Assistance?If you feel that you may meet the requirements above, an application may be obtained from the following sources:
- Our SJMH website: www.stonewalljacksonhospital.com
Go to "Patients & Visitors"→ "Patient Financial Aid"; or
- By calling or visiting the Credit Department at 304-517-1160 from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday - Friday. Please leave a message.
Completed applications can be mailed to our Credit Department, 230 Hospital Plaza, Weston, WV 26452 or can be delivered to our Credit Department on the 2nd floor at 402 Medical Park Drive, Weston, WV 26452.
SJMH shall notify the patient or applicant in writing of our decision within 45 days of receipt of a completed application.
Our full Financial Assistance Policy is available:
- for download on our website: www.stonewalljacksonhospital.com
- by calling our Credit Department at 304-517-1160.
Financial Aid Application and Information
American Hospital Association Copyright Information
Patient Financial Aid Policy in its entirety
In accordance with section 2718(e) of the Public Health Service Act and and CMS FY19 IPPS Final Rule, Mon Health Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital is making available a public listing of their standard charges. To properly estimate the patient responsibility of any procedure, it is recommended that all patients reach out to Patient Financial Services for an individualized estimate regarding services being provided by Mon Health Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital. All pricing listed is not reflective of any contractual adjustment, fee schedule or uninsured discount.