Patient Financial AssistanceFinancial Assistance Policy
Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital's mission is to enhance the health of the communities we serve, one person at a time. As part of this mission, the hospital provides financial assistance for patients who received medically necessary services and meet the eligibility requirements under the hospital's Financial Assistance Policy.
Eligibility Requirements for Assistance Offered
Financial assistance may be offered to those patients who are uninsured or underinsured. Partial or full assistance may be granted based on each, individual patients ability to pay.
Patients must fully comply with the application process, including submitting documents, as well as completing the application process for all available sources of assistance, including Medicaid or Medical Assistance.
To qualify for Financial Assistance on the hospital's sliding scale, the following conditions are evaluated:
1. Is the patient uninsured or underinsured?
2. Is the patient unable to access other programs that would not cover expenses (Medicaid, or the Health Insurance Exchange, for instance)?
3. What is the patient's family income in relation to the current Federal Poverty Guidelines?
4. Was the patient's service considered emergent or medically necessary?
Financial assistance is limited to medical care provided at Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital and by Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital medical personnel. The hospital will uphold the confidentiality and dignity of each patient, and any information submitted for consideration will be treated as protected information.
Obtaining an Application
You may obtain copies of the Financial Assistance policy, Financial Assistance application, and related polices by:
1. Visiting Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital and inquiring with the hospital's patient access or financial services staff.
2. Visiting Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital website at www.stonewalljacksonhospital.com
3. Call the patient financial services office directly at 304-517-1160.
Approval and Communication
Once all requested documents are received, the application will be reviewed. The hospital's highly-trained staff will work with each patient to ensure all documentation is completed. After the patients account is reduced by Financial Assistance, patients will be responsible for no more than amounts generally billed (AGB) to individuals who are covered by Medicare fee-for-service. The Look Back Method for Medicare fee-for-service is used to determine AGB. Within 45 days, an approval or denial letter will be mailed to each applicant along with any balance due (if still applicable).
This policy only applies to services rendered at Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital and those services provided by Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital employed providers.
This policy also excludes assistance for services that are elective in nature as outlined by the hospital's policy.
Please contact a Patient Financial Representative
at Stonewall Jackson Memorial Hospital
230 Hospital Plaza Weston, WV 26452 | Main Number: 304-269-8000
Financial Services: 304-517-1160